CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Just Because Cards Series #3

It's a gloomy BC day today and the kids and I are both feeling a touch cranky. Nothing like a little an early quiet time to get me into my craft room. I don't know if this happens to any of you but I am so nerdy that I was up laying in bed until 1am thinking about this card. Honestly, I should have just gotten up and made it! Despite already having an idea of what I was going to do, this one took a while to sort out.




On to the details for all who are as "nerdy" as me! This card cut at 4 3/4 inches and I was able to cut the envelope and the upper shift layer out of one sheet of 12x12. The patterned paper is the life's journey collection by K&Company. Can't say enough about how pretty is. I cuttlebugged the scalloped layer and sanded it down to show the white core. Instead of cutting the top layer of the tree I used my crop-a-dial and punched some holes to add the eyelets and brads and eyelets. The finishing touch was done with my sewing machine and some stickles.




Honestly how awesome is that paper and the cut of the envelope! Thanks for looking and have a fantastic day!
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment