CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, April 12, 2010

Just Because Cards Series #2

Welcome to card #2 in my Just Because Cards Series!

Lots of fun to be had on this one and a few tricks learned along the way. First off, you have to cut the envelope first on this cart (much like the wild card cartridge). The largest size on the 12x12 mat is 5 inches for this particular cut. The great thing is though, if you cut the envelope, unload your mat, flip it, then reload you can cut two envelopes out of your one sheet of cardstock. Clear as mud? The other trick I found was that when cutting your card base, load your paper in a landscape mode as opposed to portrait, you can get two bases out of your 8.5x11. Just a little paper saving advice for everyone:)

So it might be just me but this cut screamed slider card to me so I made a few modifications to get the desired result.





My ATG gun is my adhesive of choice and because it's 1/4 inch wide I cut the shift function of the card base (i.e. the slider portion) at the original 5 inches but then trimmed it by hand a little over 1/4 inch on the side and off the bottom. I then sealed the bottom and right side with my ATG and left the top open.

The paper I used was a combination of SU's retired patterened paper and DCWV's glitter stack and green stack. The "grass" was hand cut, as was the layered polka dot piece on the base. I have to say again how impressed I am with how the small phrases are cutting. Just like butta!
The glitter paper is just perfect for this cheery card and my elmers white opaque paint pen had a turn highlighting the sentiment and perimeter of the card.
Thanks for following along and have a wonderful night!
Sarah


No comments:

Post a Comment